Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Invisible

Today was a much better day, fans!! Thank you all for the support and the encouragement; I think I am on the right track to feeling better. I was feeling very sore today, but didn't have even half of the lung pain or breathing difficulty today. Woohooo! I can't tell you how relieved I am to have had a day where I felt better than worse. Forward progress is GREAT!

Speaking of progress, Drew's Crew is only $60 shy of $6K online right now, so that makes me smile! I know that we have at least $500 in checks, too, so we are probably 1/3 of the way to my big ol' goal. I got one donation and two new walkers today, so I'm excited about all of that.

My boss suggested that I stay home from work tomorrow if it will help me get back where I need to be, and I haven't yet decided whether or not to take her up on that offer. I'd kind of like to be up and about for the first day this week, buuuut my body is also radiating from the soreness right now, so we'll see how I sleep tonight. I think I remember exactly how I had the three pillows situated last night in order to minimize the pain as much as possible. Geez, I sound pitiful!

Today I had some yogurt at a place called Yogli Mogli. I got strawberry and raspberry yogurt topped with gummy bears, strawberries, kiwi, mango and pineapple. It was pretty fun, but they really ought to invest in some better quality gummy bears. For me, Drew Dotson, to throw out a gummy bear, something is horrendously wrong. The green gummy bears were absolutely awful. It got me thinking about how great Haribo gummy bears are. I learned the other day that the green Haribo bears are actually strawberry-flavored. All gummy bear companies should look into doing something like that because green is notoriously bad when it comes to candy.

Well, I guess I better get ready for bed. I mean, I've been in bed for much of the day, but I guess I better proceed as though I'll be sleeping soon. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for me whether I go to work or not - surviving an improv show when I didn't think my body would survive the week.

I am glad you are reading this.

2 comments:

  1. Haribo are the BEST! I love those bears. Wanted to try Yogli; love the name. Glad you are feeling better. Kick ass @ the show tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now am getting caught up on the blog and I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles! Boy, have I been out of the loop. Anyway, I'm glad the ceiling is "coming together", I love Haribo too (green as strawberry = genius), allergies = blah yuck blah, ER = ridiculous, Drizzle = fantabulous, and I can't wait to see you tonight! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete