Monday, March 22, 2010

GREAT DAY!

Today was an amazing day. I haven't felt as loved as I have in a long time as I felt today... As you all know, I've really kicked off the fundraising for the Great Strides Walk over the last few days. With the finalization of my awesome video, I felt geared up to tackle this thing, but even more so than in years past because I thought people might be more inspired than before. As a team, our total jumped nearly $1,500 today, which is incredible.

I garnered four new walkers that I'm really excited about, and just had such an outpouring of support from people - some being people I interact with regularly, others being folks I haven't seen in years. It feels really great to watch people come to the forefront to help a cause so important to me. A team that went into last weekend with about $1,300 now has at least $3,760, assuming that there's no money that hasn't yet been posted. What an awesome feeling!!! I have also appreciated everyone so much who has offered to spread the word. There is no humility in fundraising, so start your spreading! www.cff.org/great_strides/drewdotson5267

In other news (but similar, nonetheless), I was short of breath for most of the day. Today has been crazy in that, when I left for work, it was snowing. The high was seriously near 70 on Saturday, and today it's snowing? Crazy talk. I'm not sure what's up, but I woke up coughing a lot last night. It made for a difficult night's sleep, but I was able to stay energized all day anyway because each donation is like a new adrenaline rush. Kinda dorky, I know, but I love it!

Today was also great because I found out I was approved for a second telecommute day each week, so starting NOW, I'll be working from home on Wednesdays and Fridays of each week. I really think this will make a world of difference to me. As I make pretty evident, there's so much I want to do, but maintaining my health is very important as well, so this enables me to spend some more time focusing on my health, which in turns buys time back into the day. Woooooo!

Finally, I'll just end on rehearsal, which was fun. I was glad to have the early rehearsal or I'd still be there now. I was a little concerned going into it because I haven't been facing the short-of-breath issue much in my improv career, and it makes it very difficult to stay out of your head when you're conscious of your breathing. Amazingly, though, I was able to forget about it for the duration of rehearsal.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, on that note, I'll go to sleep. I may pull an early shift tomorrow at work so that I can get home and get a lot of rest to help with this...issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment