Friday, March 19, 2010

It's raining men

So, last night's improv show was fun AND sold out. My parents came, and were in the front row, so no pressure there... I was in Emo Date as the changer, Sounds Like A Song (first time), Buzzer and Oscar Musical. I was slightly concerned during download when I found out I'd be in two singing games considering the hoarseness and what not, but it's subsided a lot and I'm feeling almost back to normal. I didn't notice it in the first singing game, but I definitely did in the second because I was Musicaled right after I was Oscared, so my throat was RAW!

When I walked into my empty house after the show, I heard a weird sound; it sounded almost like crackling. I flipped on the light, terrified that something was on fire. I headed toward the corner of the living room where I heard the sound, then felt the water drip on me. I looked up and water was dripping from several areas of the ceiling, mainly in the shape of a rectangle. I ran upstairs and my bathroom was flooded. The water was all the way out onto the carpet in my bedroom. I mean, it was a LOT of water.

I majorly started freaking out and putting towels down, getting containers to put on the floor downstairs, etc. I ended up spending almost two hours moving furniture, soaking up water, etc. And, to top it all off, I got a blood-drawing papercut. I unplugged something from an outlet and it had one of those plasticy-paper tags warning you about electricity and as I pulled the plug out from the wall, I papercut the palm of my hand, right above the thumb crease. Perhaps they should add that to the warning tag. The cut seriously consumed enough of my attention that I lost focus on the fact that the ceiling was about to fall down.

Today I woke up and wasn't as upset. I went downstairs and, while part of the ceiling will need replacing, it looked much better today. There haven't been any drips all day. My resident handyman came over and tore some of the drywall down - about an eight square foot area. Now there's just a gaping hole in the living room ceiling, but at least the wood is drying out. I love being a homeowner!

Well, I'm really tired because I was up until 3:00 a.m. I got up and worked for a while this morning and then had to take the afternoon off to tend to the house. I'm really relieved that it seems like it's going to be minor, or at least people are good at lying to me to make me feel better.

I have already gotten several donations for the CF walk, so I'm really excited.

Cheers to a lazy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment