Friday, March 5, 2010

Bite me

I have had some weeeeeird dreams lately - some good, some bad. I usually don't have bad dreams, but I've had several over the last few weeks. I had a dream a week or two ago that a penguin was biting my arm. It literally would not let go of my arm and I was yelling and trying to shake it off. It was a very tiny penguin, by the way. Then it kind of reminded me that I've had several dreams about my arm getting bitten in the last sixth months. The penguin dream caused me to remember the others.

I looked up what it means to be bitten: To dream that you are being bitten represents your vulnerability regarding some unresolved issues or emotions. You may be pestered by a problem or obstacle. The dream may also be a metaphor indicating that you have bitten off more than you can chew. Perhaps you have too much to handle.

Story of my life = burning the candle from both ends.

Then I looked up what a penguin means: To see a penguin in your dream signifies that your problems are not as serious as you may think. It serves as a reminder for you to keep your cool and remain level-headed. Alternatively, a penguin seen in your dream suggests that you are being weighed down by your emotions or by a negative situation. You need to find some balance and inner harmony.

So, individually, I think biting off more than I can chew is an accurate assessment. And, I think I need to find some balance and inner harmony. I'm not exactly sure how the two combine to make sense and my mind can't even begin to comprehend, but they make sense separately.

While that's an unusual dream, it's not nearly as bad as the dream I had Wednesday night. I was driving to work on roads that were unfamiliar. A few cop cars whipped out of nowhere, cops got old, and signaled for me to get down - that a gunman was on the loose. I stopped my car in the middle of an intersection and balled myself up down at the foot of the driver's side to hide. The gunman came up to my window and we made eye contact. He pointed the gun at me. However, he decided instead that he would somehow put a match to the gas tank and start the car. I woke up right as he was doing this and before the car exploded with me inside of it.

At least that's not disturbing... Oh, wait. I'm not sure what it all means, but it definitely implies that there are some negative things floating around inside.

Lunch was fun today. We got to talk about my favorite things: LIFE and PHILOSOPHY. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Today I found out that next Thursday's improv show is a private mainstage show. Needless to say, I was a little bummed because I was hoping to be in the show next week since I was on crew this week. The bright side of it, though, is that we don't have rehearsal on Monday, and Wednesday is canceled, too, due to another private show. As much as a part of me is disappointed because I love improv, I am relieved to have bought some time back into my week. After all, that's what I've been battling lately. Time and penguins.

Two things that I recently discovered I love: Haribo Happy Colas and Tostitos Hint of Lime chips.

Oh, and the title 'Bite me' was in reference to the dreams, although it developed a second meaning. When I went to post this, there was some kind of error and I lost everything but the first paragraph, so I've tried to remember what I said (which is hard when it's worthless babble). If this doesn't post, someone from Blogger is getting hurt.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOOOOVE Tostios Hint of Lime chips! Those things are the BOMB DIGGITY!

    ReplyDelete