Thursday, April 1, 2010

Foggy

Tonight's show was fun. It was a pretty quiet crowd, but I'm getting better at accepting the fact that a non-reactive crowd doesn't mean a displeased crowd. I had several friends and family members there, so that made me happy. I also had a surprise appearance by one of the CF doctors! One of my friends went to see him today (Hi E!) and I asked her to pass the info along to him. I didn't see him during the show, but was so excited when he was out in the cafe afterwards.

I was in the following games tonight: Emo Speed Date (changer), Buzzer Game Show (as Barbara Buchanan), Helping Hands Oscar (sitting on the lap), Foreign-Dubbed Soap Opera (as a translator), and Repeat Scene Musical Styles. I had a lot of fun with all of the games, even though my head was really foggy tonight. I think it was a combination of how lethargic I was all week, plus the prescription pain medicine. I have never found myself blanking as much as I did tonight, like completely forgetting what the last person just said, etc. I had this faint headache throughout the show - a dehydrated-like feeling. I'll say my biggest accomplishment for the night was Repeat Scene Musical Styles. I tend to lurk in the background in musical games because singing isn't my forte, but I really gave it my all tonight. We did R&B, Opera, and Rap. It was the perfect scene to end the night!

Right now I am in my childhood room.

OH! Before I forget... Yesterday I was at Starbucks and was talking to the worker as my drink was made. He commented on how nice the weather was, and I told him that it was beautiful and that I have bad allergies, so it would be a few weeks until I could actually go out and enjoy it. He was like, "I'm lucky I don't have that problem, but now I will just appreciate it more. I will breathe easy for you, my friend." Honestly it about stopped me dead in my tracks because of the words 'breathe easy.' Now, I realize they aren't the most uncommon words in the world, but I don't often hear them in reference to something other than CF. Two of my best friends have gotten those words tattooed on them in honor of me, so those words are really special to me. It was a really interesting word choice on his part and it made me shudder. In a good way.

Today I was thinking about how I really need to get back into an exercise routine. I know it's only been a few weeks and my slacking has been for mostly legitimate purposes, but I feel kind of useless lately. Not in an oh-how-depressing kind of way, but I just don't feel very strong lately. I just feel kind of 'there' and lacking some substance. I hope the way I'm describing this makes sense to someone somewhere.

Well, my car has a check-up in the morning, so I better get to sleep. I'll probably work on my laptop using wireless Internet at Nissan as it happens. This week has been weird since I haven't been at work, but I have gotten just as much accomplished telecommuting each day. So I am worn out.

1 comment:

  1. Childhood bedroom - boy does that bring back the memories! I hope you are breathing easier and have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete