Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How low can you go?

First things first, let me say that my right Shift key is driving me crazy. It has been acting NUTTY for quite a while now. I mean, I have to backspace more than ever before. It's almost like the key's timing is off, so I will try to capitalize a letter and, even though I hit the key at the proper time, it's like it doesn't register until later. Then, randomly, I will capitalize a word and the next four letters will be capitalized. I honestly am not sure what to do about this silly laptop - it's like I'll be waiting for the words I typed to show up sometimes. I took the Shift key off and put it back on last night, which was quite the challenge. Anyway, if any computer gurus are reading this and have any advice, send it on over. I think it might be about time to get a new computer.

I really need to be asleep right now. Perhaps I shouldn't have had caffeine tonight when I was at the theatre. I hadn't thought a lot about that until now, but I bet that's the culprit for why I haven't conked out yet. This is WAY past my bedtime.

Well, I worked at the graduation show tonight, which was nice because I got one of my volunteer shifts for the month out of the way. Plus, the show was fun and I planned to go anyway, so I killed two birds with one stone. Thursday, I will do my second volunteer shift of the month, meaning I'll literally only have one shift left for the entire month! That's pretty exciting because it means there will be three weekends without any shifts this month. I'm most excited about that because it's really time to hunker down on my book. I know I've been blabbering about it for so long, but I'm feeling pretty ready to accomplish things.

Today I accomplished a lot and it felt good. Within an eight-minute period, I got a lot done. I made a dentist appointment that I've put off for more than eight months. I also ordered refills for two of my medications. I sent a few emails to follow-up on some things (prompted by a friend's checking in to get updates, so thank you!), which resulted in working to schedule my pre-screen appointment for the PTC124 drug study I excitedly mentioned at the end of January. I mean, let me just say that in that short amount of time, I moved mountains. It's so nice not to have some of those things looming overhead anymore.

There are tons of other things I want to say, probably because I am hopped up on caffeine. Anyway, it snowed again today (this is so atypical), so I was really hoping for some kind of cancellation tomorrow. It's not looking very probable since there wasn't much water on the roads tonight, but I can still hope. The schools in my county are delayed, so that should make for an easier start to my commute regardless.

Well, I'm gonna try to go to sleep because a little wave of tired-eye just came over me...

No comments:

Post a Comment