Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FIGHT

Well, I ended up staying home from work today because the sleeping thing didn't work out too well last night. I was also short-of-breath, so I thought it would be best to work from home today. I was feeling decent the first few hours after waking, but my health started to gradually decline over the afternoon, and now I'm feeling probably the worst I've felt all day. I just took my second dose of the antibiotic, though, so I think it's too early to make a judgment on whether or not that's working.

One of the doctors checked in today and would like me to get admitted Friday if I'm not feeling any better. I am confident that I'll start feeling better, but I must say that my body has surprised me a bit over these last few days. Usually I feel kind of in control even when I'm out of control, but not so much in recent days. I am scheduled to be in the improv show on Thursday, so my goal is to at least hang in there for that. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but surprisingly I tend to check my health problems at the door when I walk in there. Sooo, I'm not concerned.

Today I made my squares for this CF quilt that is being auctioned off. They look kinda decent, but they also look a little child-like. The fabric markers I got this weekend were bleeding a bit on the fabric, but I think they turned out okay. I had one for Love, Peace, Beauty and Smile. I know those words don't necessarily go together, but I had to keep it to basics when I realized how the markers were working out on the fabric. Oh well... it's for charity. The paper said I could write the person's name and age and I almost put something like 'Mary, 4' to save a little face, but whatever! I don't imagine any of the other participants having much luck with the type of material we had.

I got a few donations today, so those made me smile. I think I'll have some luck in the coming days since it's almost a new month... The best thing that could come out of being hospitalized is more awareness. That'd be the light at the end of that tunnel. I really, really think I can shake this without IVs. I might try walking on the treadmill tomorrow if it seems at all feasible.

Mmm, I am looking forward to a much better day tomorrow. I think I just realized I haven't even laughed today, which is so not like me. There's a chance I laughed during a quick phone call earlier, but I remember wondering if I sounded as out-of-breath as I felt. Oh, Drewdle. Get it together.

Send any extra positive energy my way. NO! HOSPITAL! FOR! DREW!

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on and HOW ARE YOU? It's now Wed and I hope all that stuff has gone away. LOTS of good thoughts and positive energy!

    ReplyDelete