Sunday, March 21, 2010

Run, Dora, Ruuuun

Right now my sister should be finishing the ING half-marathon on Team 65 Roses. She raised over $1,000! I haven't been awake for long, but it looks like the rain might have held off so far, so my fingers are crossed. Claire's going to text me when she knows what time they'll be at breakfast because I'm going to meet them. I tried to find the place's menu online like the dork that I am, but I can't find it. I guess I'll have to be surprised and select from the menu like normal people do.

Yesterday was a pretty nice and relaxing day. The weather was beautiful, but unfortunately for me that means to stay inside at this time of year. My allergies have been killing me this weekend - keeping me short of breath more often than not. I'm hoping that this rain that starts AFTER the half-marathon will wash some of it away.

I met my old boss (most recent one!) at Starbucks yesterday, and it was great to catch up with her. She's moving to Philly on Thursday, so we wanted one last rendezvous before she left. I'm sure we'll keep in touch as much as we have here, but it's weird knowing she'll be so far away.

Well, yesterday was an awesome day fundraising-wise. My aunt and one of my cousins signed up to join Drew's Crew, so that makes me happy. We raised about $400 yesterday. I just calculated that, to make my $20,000 goal, we need to raise about $327 every day up until the day of the walk. When I look at it that way, it's a little scary, but WE WILL DO OUR BEST! Actually, when I divide that between the team members, it's not that much. Goooooo Drew's Crew! For those of you walking in late, visit www.drewdotson.com/p/walk-for-cf.html.

Yesterday evening I went to Publix in my reindeer pajama pants because I was feeling very thirsty. I mean, I didn't wear the reindeer pants because I was thirsty; I went because I was thirsty. I got an 8-pack of Gatorade and a gallon of milk. I know I looked like a nut, but hopefully people thought I must not be feeling well or something.

It's been quite a while since I accomplished anything bookwise, but I think about it often. It's the thought that counts... Maybe that will be my goal for the day when I return from eating my yet-to-be-determined breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of looking at it as $327/day, maybe it would be easier to think that if you got an average of about $23 from each of your friends on FB, you would hit the goal :)

    ReplyDelete