Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oh my face

My face tells me that it's allergy season. I have been fearing this time since last year's shenanigans. It's funny (not 'haha' funny) that allergies paralyzed me more than this silly disease of mine ever has. Oh man. It's scary to even think about when I got taken to the ER and missed almost an entire week of work. My face has been aching and I have slept more than should even be humanly possible. The counts are telling me to stay indoors.

Yesterday I took four - yes, you read it right - FOUR naps. They totaled about six hours, which is just ridiculous in its own right. Last night, I went to bed before midnight and woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I was burning alive. I ended up sleeping another 10 hours last night, and truly only got up because of all of the stuff I have to do today. I am finishing up my breathing treatments right now.

As you might have been able to infer from the uncanny amount I've been sleeping, this weekend hasn't been very productive. I've tried to write on a few different occasions, but it's hard to feel inspired in the few hours that it fits into my calendar. Any of you artsy people out there know what I mean. I wish I could just be inspired when it works with my schedule, but that's not how it works... back to the drawing board.

I'm excited because a friend and I are in the midst of planning a vacation for this summer. Her aunt has a timeshare that she's not going to use, so I truly can't pass up the opportunity. I have been on short weekend excursions here and there, but the last REAL trip I went on was the family cruise we took in July 2008. I mean, that was the last trip where I truly got to be away for an entire workweek. I plan on doing it up big this summer because I feel like my mind's going to explode.

Umm, I just forgot what I was going to say. I don't know why I'm commentating now.

Oh yeah! It's nearing time for the CF walk. I'm not quite ready to launch the fundraising campaign since my video is in its final stages. I'm hoping the video will be inspiring and that it will be best to really get my raise on when I have that as a visual aid. We'll see! I have a reaaaaaally good feeling about this year.

Time to go see what kinds of sinus medicine I have up in here. I pray that I'm done with sinus surgeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment