Saturday, May 1, 2010

May I apologize...

Well, I can't believe that I haven't posted since April 28. I mean, I can because it technically just became May 1, but I didn't mean to leave you all desperately hanging for so long. So, let me rehash the last few days...

THURSDAY!

I ended up waking up really early; I was having a difficult time sleeping for some odd reason. I woke up a little before 5:00 a.m., and finally gave up and got up at around 5:30 a.m. I went to the gym, as promised, and ran three miles, which was pretty awesome. It's nice to run three miles by the time 6:00 a.m. rolls around. I got ready to head to Emory for the study, and pulled in there at 8:30 a.m. on the nose.

The study was pretty interesting. It ended up taking waaaay longer than expected because my arms weren't cooperating. It's so odd because bloodwork has never been a problem for me. However, in these study appointments, I've had a difficult time. It's like my veins know when it actually matters that they cooperate, and then choose to do the opposite. It took so many tries for them to get the blood they needed. I don't mind needles all that much, though.

I did get into something called a BodPod which measured my body fat percentage. It's supposed to be a pretty accurate measurement because it's not pinching a certain area or anything. I had to put on a bathing suit and swim cap and sit in this little egg-like thing. I'm annoyed because I am trying to post a picture in here and it won't let me. Oh well, click here if you want, but come back to my blog. I'm 25.7% body fat, so take that. Man, I need to put on some more muscle for real. That's a goal of mine. I used to be so much more muscular and felt better.

I finished the study stuff much later than expected, and went to work where we celebrated a colleague's upcoming wedding. It was a nice break to the day, even though I'd just gotten to work. We had wine and cheese and it was a cute little get-together. Then, I finished up some work, got some packages ready for FedEx, and darted out to drop them off before I needed to be at the theatre.

I got to the theatre with about three minutes to spare. Man, it was such a fun show! I can't exactly put my finger on the cause, but the audience was just great and the energy in the theatre was spectacular. I played theeeeeeese things: Buzzer, Foreign-Dubbed Soap Opera (translator), Sit Stand Lean Oscar, Script in Hand (on book), and Musical Styles. I am still excited about the show! I had a friend from work come with her mom, as well as a friend from another job, so those were fun surprises. As always, my number one fan (Mom!) was cracking up in the audience. Loooove her. It was a great end to my birthday week.

FRIDAY!

Well, I'm happy to have witnessed the end to the nine-game losing streak the Braves had going for them. I am officially 2-0 this season, which is a good start. Tonight Heyward hit a home run, so I'm pretty sure he likes when I'm in the crowd. I had so much fun at the game with one of my friends and some of his friends. We were making puns out of the batters' names and it was just a hoot. It was so dorky and awesome!

What else did I do today? I got up and exercised, so yeehaw. I'm trying for three in a row tomorrow.

I also met an old coworker for lunch at Taco Mac. I literally hadn't seen him in two years since I left that job, so it was a ton of fun to catch up. We could have sat there and talked all day. I hope we'll do it again soon because it was a nice use of the lunch hour!

I am too tired to say anything else. I know this post was kinda boring, but I am so exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch you do Musical Styles! You are so hilarious. :-)

    ReplyDelete