Sunday, May 23, 2010

Marathon

If you couldn't tell by my lack of posting, this weekend has truly been a marathon. I am going to do my best to fill in the things that have happened since last Thursday...

Friday I worked from home (YAY!). On my lunch hour, I ran to Target to pick up a prescription and look for a dress to wear to the wedding. I had one or two at home that I considered wearing, but I didn't know how appropriate they'd be. So, being the bargain shopper that I am, I ended up grabbing one at Ross, along with some dressy flip flops (not to wear to the wedding). The dress itself was a color called Very Fuschia and was really cute. I found some Ann Taylor flip flops (size 5!) that are black and leather. They're pretty hot!

Then, Friday afternoon involved finishing the ceiling fan project and cleaning up a bit before heading down to my shift at the theatre. I was doing suggestions and camera and had a good time. The thing I love most about improv is that it's always changing. Each show is so different! Oh, I also worked out on Friday, so I've been doing really well with that!

Saturday morning I got up and helped my new roommate move in... Yeehaw! I was amazed at how quickly we did it. My mom and I ran some errands and I came back home to try to nap to fuel up for the wedding. After my nap I went to the gym and got in a good workout before showering and getting ready for the wedding.

The wedding was a blast. The bride (LZ) looked absolutely beautiful. There was a simple elegance to the whole thing. It was a little humorous because the minister was late to the wedding. That made for some awkward moments as everyone was standing at the altar looking around for him. He said his watch stopped... Interesting. He also accidentally called the groom Greg (instead of Chris). Hmm...Then we headed to the reception which was a ball. I had entirely too many drinks and even got on the dance floor. It was just a really good time!

We got back to KQ's place just before midnight and AH met us to go out. Yes, we made a whole night of it. An incompetent cab driver took us to Buckhead, where we had a good time. We got there so late that we didn't have much time to hang out, but we had fun! AH drove us back home and we left my car at KQ's. I went to bed at close to 4:00 a.m.

Today we got up and were back at it again (me, KQ, AH), getting ready for today's concert. Let me tell you that we were not prepared for today's concert. It had a 3:00 p.m. start time, so I figured we'd be home by about 6:00 p.m. at the latest. Shortly after getting to Lake Lanier in the SWELTERING HEAT, Miss Georgia (weird) made a comment about how she would be announcing all of the performers 'this afternoon and tonight.' At that point, we realized we were in it for the long haul. I saw so many people - Corey Smith, Drivin' n' Cryin', Chris Janson, Jeff Foxworthy (what?), and DIERKS BENTLEY!

Let me tell you... I've never been to a lot of stand-up or anything like that, and I really am not that familiar with Jeff Foxworthy. I gotta say, though, that I was cracking up the entire time. He was really, really funny. He did this bit about how people with bad breath always talk the closest to you. I'm gonna botch this up, but he said something like, "They'll be like 'what's up' and you're like 'you ate a dirty diaper.'"

My favorite singers of the day were Corey Smith and Dierks Bentley (of course). It was a really great concert, but I could have stood a heads up on the fact that it was going to last six hours. We were sitting on beach towels in the sand, sweating our lives away. I had a good time, though, and got a little sun, which is nice.

That brings me to right here, right now. I just got home less than an hour ago. I don't really have many study observations to make. I'm not feeling very different, but I've also had a really weird, exhausting, sleep-depriving weekend, so there's a lot of factors up in the air. We'll see how I feel on a regular workweek. Mwahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. I am NEVER prepared for how long outdoor concerts are! That Jeff Foxworthy thing is hilarious because I know someone like that.

    ReplyDelete