Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Double-decker

Well, I failed at exercising yet again today. I had every intention of getting up and knocking it out this morning, but I'd also taken a nighttime sinus medicine that apparently had different plans. Then, I decided that I could squeeze in a quick workout between finishing up work and heading to rehearsal. However, I ended up getting a call from a colleague-in-a-frenzy about nametags (we are so vital to this world!), so I helped her and then realized I couldn't even pretend to get the workout done in time to get downtown. However, halfway through the commute to the theatre, I realized that I was heading down there as if I had to be there at 7:00 p.m. versus 7:15 p.m., so I had plenty of time to kill. In which case I headed to Starbucks and paid a ridiculous amount for some orange juice. No workout + expensive orange juice = whatever.

Umm, so today I went to this nursing luncheon at the Cobb Energy Center. I nominated my good friend WB for the award because it is such a joy to be his patient. If being in the hospital is joyous. Although he was not one of the top ten honorees, we had a really great time. Most of the winners had been in the profession for a long, long time compared to my friend, but I know that he will accomplish similar things - he already does. The day was very inspiring and made me think a lot about life and what I hope to have accomplished when all is said and done.

What else? Sold some more tickets for the benefit show! I'm also excited because we've finalized the cast and it should be a great time. I am just so appreciative to have the support of everyone at the theatre, whether through ticket donations, offering to help, performing, etc. I am lucky.

I'm in the show tomorrow night, so of course I'm excited about that. I could stand to have gotten more sleep this week, but sometimes we get carried away. I think part of the lack of sleep has been because I've felt more energetic than usual. So, even though missing sleep is a negative, it's partly a positive because I think it's been fueled by excitement for different things.

Today a creepy slug was on my windshield. He was whitish/clearish, had many legs, was two stories tall, and had a red head. As gross as it was, it was kind of amusing, too, because, as the car got faster, he stood much like I do on MARTA. He spread his legs like he was surfing or something. Then he probably lost his life, so it was a sad day for that double-decker.

1 comment: