Monday, May 24, 2010

Into the fog

What a day.

Well, I woke up feeling strange. I didn't make it to the gym this morning because it was really difficult to get out of bed. Something seemed off the entire morning. As I drove to work, I kept feeling like I had a meeting or something, but nothing came to mind. Then, right as I passed one building in particular, it hit me that I was supposed to be there. Oops. It was for a training and it completely escaped me. The weirdest part is that I had an urge to check my calendar last night because I felt like I was forgetting something, but I forced myself not to get on work email because I didn't want it to keep me up later than I already was. Well... lesson learned.

I had a 3:15 p.m. appointment with a colleague at Starbucks. Right as I turned at the intersection with Starbucks and glanced at the street sign, it hit me that I wasn't at the Starbucks listed on the Outlook appointment. Oops. I had just headed to a Starbucks without even thinking.

The weird thing is that both of those mistakes are so unlike me. I usually check and double-check things to avoid mistakes like that. It's odd, too, because my hands aren't typing what I'm thinking today.

Anyway, I finally made it to the appointment (LATE) and enjoyed that. It was probably the highlight of my day because we were talking about life. I also had my Iced White Chocolate Mocha Latte.

I got back to work and knocked a few things out, then hopped on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I was feeling okay as I was on the elliptical, but I started feeling really lightheaded when I finished. I don't know if I've ever had a hot flash, but it seemed like it could have been one. I got really flustered and felt like I was going to pass out. I left work as soon as possible to try to get to the grocery store because I felt like I couldn't get to food fast enough. I ended up getting some sushi and ate it on the way to rehearsal.

Rehearsal was odd because I was feeling really foggy-headed. I was feeling weak and slightly disoriented. I felt like I might tip over if I got up again. It was strange. I was also freezing, and I don't really think it was cold in there. My teeth were chattering the whole way home.

That brings me to here - bedtime. I hope I feel better and can make it to work tomorrow. If I didn't have a pretty important meeting tomorrow, I would have already warned my supervisor that I might not make it. I'm hoping I will just wake up feeling better. Maybe I'm on the real drug and it's jacking me up? Hope not. I mean, I hope I'm on the drug, but I hope it's not messing me up.

2 comments:

  1. My theory is that you're still settling-in with the drug itself. It's bound to act a little funky at first....all things do, really. Either that, or you just had an off day. I had one last week - where my head was completely in la la land. ;)

    Hang in there! I'm glad it seems like you were given the real stuff. This is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Drew, I'm sorry you're not feeling great. I guess last night it was tough for you to have a rehearsal with all new games, anyway! I hope today is shaping up to be much better for you. See you tomorrow, :-)

    ReplyDelete