Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yeeeehaw!

Well, yesterday was quite the day! I got up close to 6:30 a.m. to get ready for the Great Strides Walk. I had a lot of fun at the walk and had many people supporting me. There were probably 20 of us, which was by far the biggest group that I've ever had. We all wore our t-shirts and got a lot of compliments, which made me smile - made that t-shirt stress more worthwhile. I also got to meet two people that I've known online over the past year (JT and CM), so that was a lot of fun. AND, I got to see my friend ED for the second time in one week! CRAZY! It was fun catching up with all of the folks from the Foundation, the care clinics, etc. The CF community really is a special one.

When I came home, I was completely exhausted. Not really from walking, but from being sleep-deprived for one too many days. I conked out for more than two hours. I literally didn't even hear my phone ring. I slept like a log and got up with time to eat and get ready before hopping on MARTA to go to the concert. I needed some cash so I ran up to Publix and got cash back by buying Red Bulls for us...

Right as we were leaving, we were discussing the probability of rain and thought we'd be fine. Literally as we pulled out of the complex, we heard a weird noise (like knocking on the car) and both wondered if something was wrong with the car. Then, though, we realized that the world's largest raindrops were starting to fall from the sky. I don't think I've ever seen raindrops as big as these. We kept driving to the MARTA station and heard a loud crack of thunder and rain started pouring from the sky. I just started laughing uncontrollably. We were terrified. I don't know when it stopped, but it was like it had never rained south of Atlanta near the concert.

The journey to and from the concert was interesting. It was full of high school girls dressed inappropriately and hanging on guys. Now, normally I am a pretty understanding person, but many of them were surprisingly rude and inconsiderate - running into people without apologizing, yelling over us to talk to each other, etc. We initially wondered if we were ever that annoying, and, although we might have been loud or immature, I don't think any of us had blatant disregard for other people.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense! The concert was a ball! We saw Love and Theft, Lady Antebellum, and Tim McGraw. It was a lot of fun. We had lawn seats and sat up on the hill away from too much of the chaos. The weather ended up being perfect and the whole night was a lot of fun. I can now understand why people say the things they do about Tim McGraw. Cowboys are studdly.

Today is supposed to be a day of rest and relaxation. I woke up earlier that I'd have liked, so I think I'll take a noon-hour nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment