Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It was 1980-something

Well, I am tired and really shouldn't be writing this. I am up way later than planned. I had every intention of getting in bed before 10:00 p.m., but I was up trying to finalize some roommate stuff. Now I don't even feel sleepy...

Today was a pretty good day. It's kind of weird not having Drew's Crew to talk about anymore. I remember last year that I experienced some post-walk funk because of the rush I get raising money for the CF Foundation. Well, I guess I can still talk about Drew's Crew because I got two $100 donations today, as well as an envelope with $358 from a good friend who couldn't make it to the walk. If I'm adding things up correctly, this will all total to be more than $21,300. I can't wait to see the total continue to rise! I mean, it's over, but donations can still come in and I won't refuse them when they do! Logistically I couldn't refuse them if I wanted to, but I was being expressive.

I exercised today, and it felt GOOD! I ran on the treadmill for about a mile. Then I hopped on the elliptical for a little while, and ended with another bout on the treadmill. It totaled to be more than 40 minutes of exercise (about 44), so I'm glad. The whole being-up-late thing is sort of interfering with the plan I had to exercise tomorrow morning. However, I think I'm still going to do it because tomorrow's a big day and I could use the good start...

RANDOMIZATION THURSDAY!!!! I have to be at Emory by 8:00 a.m., so that's pretty stinkin' early. However, I'm just looking forward to it. The photographer is going to come and it should be a good time! I'm interested to see what my PFTs are. I have been feeling a tiny bit funky for the last two weeks(ish), so I have no idea what to expect PFT-wise. Only time will tell...

Speaking of, 'only time will tell' is probably a good thing for me to remember right now. Of the things in my life that aren't quite what I would like, they really are all things that ought to be corrected with time. Sometimes I wish time could be sped up so that change wasn't so difficult and life lessons didn't take so long, but oh well... How ironic. Lately I have been so focused on there not being enough time, yet today I'm proposing the idea of fast-forwarding time. This is one of life's many complexities that I love!

Today I was thinking about my book, mainly because of an inspiring message I received. I need to quit talking/thinking and start doing/writing. The darn thing isn't going to write itself.

I've got a show to do tomorrow. Good night!

1 comment: