Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Foooooooood.

The days fly by lately. I can hardly believe I worked from home all day because I wonder where all the time went. I wrote a few donor profiles for some solicitations, worked on some mass emails for send, etc. It's just a mystery to me lately. I feel like I'm making significant progress, yet there are hardly any signs that I'm moving things forward (in many areas of my life). This is precisely why I need to be in paradise for two full weeks. Soon. Enough.

Speaking of, I took a gamble today. Since I had such online bathing suit success and really hadn't gotten new ones in years (still wearing some from six years ago), I went ahead and splurged today. My definition of 'splurged' is funny because it's different than 95 percent of society's, but I bought two more that were on clearance (AKA averaging $10 per suit piece, which is far from breaking the bank). The risky part is that, because I like to save money, I didn't choose for any expedited shipping. The estimated arrival date was June 7, which will be my second day in the Dominican Republic. I received the last bathing suit several days before the expected arrival date, so I'm praying the same will happen. I hope the holiday doesn't throw things. I am trying to use my subconscious to receive an email saying the items have shipped. This ease of online shopping is scary. I see how people become shopaholics.

I wish I could give you a visual update on my arm bruise, but I don't have that technology (notice the cheapskate theme tonight?). It's getting to the green stage of bruising. I think it should be starting to disappear at any point. I really have no updates on the vanilla front. I still am trying to be optimistic and tell myself I'm taking the real drug, but I haven't noticed many real physical symptoms. The physical symptoms I had the other day don't appear to be drug-related, so that's good (although a little bad!). I just wonder how long it might take to notice true positive results from the drug in the first place...

Braves game Friday night. Baller! I know I don't mention them much anymore because I'm having a hard time following them, but they'll always be in my heart. Go Braves!

Have you noticed I don't mention Mexican food with the same fervor I did? There are some major things awry in my life!

Perhaps I'll come up with my updated life plan as I go to sleep tonight. PEACE!

1 comment: