Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happiest girl in the WHOLE WORLD

I know that the title is cheesy, but I am so happy with tonight's event. I mean, holy mackerel. I am still in awe at the support and love that filled that room. Honestly I'm not sure of totals since there are multiple moving parts, but I think the show raised a grand total of about $2,500. Within minutes of the show starting, all of the hard work and stress was well worth it.

Although words cannot express my appreciation, I want to say thank you here to everyone who made tonight possible - whether it be Whole World folks, actors, ticket-holders, etc. Even though a mass thank you seems kind of lame and impersonal, I am truly thankful for every person in that place tonight, and every person who supported from afar. I have never really organized something of the sort on my own, and it was so beautiful to see it all come to fruition.

Because it's tradition, tonight I played Emo Interview, Buzzer Debate, and Oscar Musical. The show was just incredible, but I may be biased. Everyone was so high-energy and hilarious! I know I've probably never sounded this optimistic in all of my time blogging, but GOOD GRIEF, I mean every word of it!

In other news... Well, there's no other news. I have a one-track mind of rainbows and butterflies right now. I am so happy. Let's cure cystic fibrosis.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Let's do it! That's a great idea.

    The show was wonderful. I think the show was so wonderful because of the actors and because the audience was so excited to be there! You have so many people who love you, Drew. Thank you for continuing to inspire me. And also for continuing to be such a bad-ass improviser. :-)

    ReplyDelete