Friday, May 28, 2010

Get a life!

Oohhhhhhhh MAN! I just got home from performing not too long ago. It was a really small crowd (Memorial Day), but it was fun. I had a good time! I played Buzzer Debate (Barbara Buchanan), Sounds Like a Song/Rap, Remote Control, Script in Hand (off book), and Musical Styles. The show was a lot of fun. I was out in the cafe afterwards and this dude came up and made some crack about how I should get singing lessons. He should be glad it took me a second to process what he said or I would have made a sassy remark back to him. I could name about 30 or 58 comebacks I've already thought of, but I'll keep them to myself. He was laughing when he said it so I think he was being Mr. I-Think-I-Need-To-Be-Funny-Because-I'm-At-A-Comedy-Theater and didn't mean any ill-will. Either way, he was dressed like a farmer.

I went to the gym for a hot second this morning. I should have done something more vigorous, but whatever. I was tired. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Well, I almost got nailed by a cop car tonight, so that was exhilarating. Some cops were all pulled over with their lights on stopping these two guys walking and carrying what looked to be liquor store bags. One cop passed by the incident and then decided to make a right turn from the inside lane when I was in the far right lane. I literally had to slam on the brakes and barely missed him. My left hand reached up to honk out of instinct, but (like my car) my hand came to a screeching halt because I can't imagine a cop enjoying being honked at in front of all of his friends. My heart was pounding the rest of the way home because it was so close.

I had Willy's steak nachos with a friend today. Oh my heavens.

I can't tell yet who's going to with the bathing suit race - me or Victoria's Secret. They haven't shipped yet, so I'm still on the fence about whether or not I'll have them in time for the trip. This is called living life on the edge, children!

What else? I went to a three-hour training session today and about gouged my eyeballs out. The content itself wasn't horrendous, but sometimes things click too quickly for me to stay focused.

Big weekend ahead. I'm so excited for the holiday weekend. I hope we get out of work early tomorrow. I'll be telecommuting anyway, but it would be nice to have that surprise.

3 comments:

  1. "Either way, he was dressed like a farmer."

    Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, too. :-) I'm glad the show went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willy's steak nacho...getting me hungry!

    ReplyDelete