Saturday, May 8, 2010

Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up, boy

I just got home from performing in my first Saturday night show EVER. It was fun! The audience was kinda quiet for being as big as it was, but I was happy with the show. I played Stereotypes (one short scene - Rednecks), Styles, Buzzer, Emo Interview (changing), and Meet the Experts (Barbara Buchanan). In Meet the Experts, we ended up being experts in self-defense, which was perfect for Barbara. There were some really nice patrons in the cafe after the show and we even got pictures together. Oh - and the emcee (Eric) asked if I minded if he gave a plug for the CF benefit during the show. When we were walking off from Meet the Experts, he asked me to wait, so I stood up there for the plug wearing an absolutely ridiculous outfit. People are probably afraid to attend after all of Barbara's talk of guns and violence!

I've been coughing a ton today. Something in the air just isn't working for me these last few days, and it didn't help that I was outside for a decent chunk of the day. Working the block party wasn't bad at all. The time went by pretty quickly, but I've been having some sinus issues ever since. Oh lordy!

Tomorrow I don't think I have to be to work until 1:00 p.m., so I plan to sleep to my little heart's content. I was going to try to work out today between the block party and call time, but I was just so exhausted that I was afraid to use the energy exercising. I want to get up and exercise tomorrow, though, which should be feasible given the late start to the day.

Hmm... I'm kind of running out of things to say. I'm just overwhelmed with what the next few days look like. It's tough because I feel like I shouldn't even sleep since I'm so short on time. However, I am also very tired and feel like I could sleep for 24 hours. Decisions, decisions. I've just gotta wake up focused so I can get stuff done. In addition to working all of this weekend's events, I also have a lot of work to get done on Monday, so I'm not even going to get to take the afternoon off like everyone else. Well, I guess I should stop complaining and get some sleep. NIGHT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment