Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Got a pebble

Hi. It is past my bedtime. Nobody can stop me.

I got up this morning and wrote a dream down in my dream journal. It was a really creepy, horroresque type dream. There wasn't a serial killer on the loose or anything, but people were all on the ground on their backs meditating like it was a cult or something. It was just all really strange, like these people were half-zombie or something. Ironically, it looked strikingly like improv warm-up, but there were hundreds of people and they all seemed possessed. Hmm! I didn't look in the dictionary today, but I'll check it out tomorrow. ODD!

I sold some tickets to the improv benefit show today. I could start to freak out soon, but I don't think it would be productive. Rather, I should use that time to market the event. So, instead of freaking out right now, here goes: http://www.cff.org/great_strides/laughtilyoucough. Drew's Crew is sitting at $13,895.83 right now. I know we'll hit $14K tomorrow, especially when you get your ticket to the show. :-)

Today I went into work early as planned. By the way, it was raining harder this morning in Atlanta than I remember in a long time - probably even harder than the flood last year. I went to Artuzzi's for lunch with a colleague and had the chopped chicken gorgonzola salad. Man, that's one of the best salads ever, and this is from a person who does not usually like salad. I got to leave right at 4:30 p.m. and headed home.

When I got home, I went to the gym and exercised. I ran a bit on the treadmill, but my stinkin' SC joint was bothering me. It's been flaring up a bit lately, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Anyway, I ended up getting off of the treadmill and onto the elliptical since I can keep my arms still or move them in a very controlled way. It was a pretty good workout. I meant to lift some weights when I got back to my place, but I apparently got sidetracked. Perhaps tomorrow!

Rehearsal was late tonight - from 9:00 to 11:00 p.m. It was pretty fun, though. It was nice getting to come home before rehearsal for the first time in forever. I'm glad I planned it that way because I had plenty of time to remove myself from the working mindset. We mainly played Blind Scene, which was fun because it's much easier to truly improvise when you have no idea what's going on in the scene. To everyone except my improv friends or super-fans (Mom!), that probably meant nothing. Anyway, I enjoyed tonight.

Tomorrow I'm going to do the early-to-work thing again. I got a shower right before rehearsal knowing that I'd be up late tonight. Why am I still up?! Oh me, oh my. I look forward to going in early, getting out early, and having tomorrow evening/night all to myself. That's TIME!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax time! It is so difficult, I know! I almost fell asleep during warm-up but then I got so energized during rehearsal that I came home and stayed up until 1!! Argh! Exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete