Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bye bye bye

Well, well, well... It's almost Wednesday.

Today was an okay day. There's not a whole lot to say about it, but it was pretty okay. I got up at the crack of dawn to get to work early as planned. I arrived at work at about 10 after 7:00 a.m., which is even earlier than usual. Right as I got out of my car, it hit me that I might not be able to get into the building. I'd forgotten that I switched to a very small purse over the weekend because of the concert. I'd still been carrying that small purse because it only had necessities. However, I realized right as I got out of the car that I wouldn't have my access card which is a problem when you're the first person at work. So, I did a lap around the building hoping that maybe someone would show up or that maybe someone from facilities was inside. No luck. So instead I went to Starbucks and got my new favorite - Iced White Chocolate Mocha latte. It was the silver lining!

I had a meeting today to discuss my unpredictable workload, so hopefully something good comes of that. I also saw my boss and her brand new baby. He was extremely cute. He is a thin little guy and has a very expressive face. I also got to have a miniature heart-to-heart with her, which was good and bad. Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.

My friend KQ and I went to Willy's for lunch, which was awesome. I really enjoyed that. Food is so good when I'm feeling kind of rough emotionally. It was nice to get away and catch up with KQ for a bit... and talk about this upcoming weekend's adventures together, which include a wedding and Dierks Bentley.

I came home from work at the time I'd planned, even though I got into the building late. I just dodged the traffic and worked from home for the remainder of the time so that I could have my Tuesday night like usual...

I visited the gym again and got in a good workout. I did a combination of the treadmill and the elliptical. I also lifted some weights at home and I have a pretty good feeling I'll be sore tomorrow. I'm a little sore today, so that's good; that means PROGRESS! It really does feel great to exercise. I am so glad I'm making a conscious effort to get back on track with it. Now I've just gotta maintain and keep making it a priority.

Well, today I feel a bit better. My face has been feeling tired like it's something allergy-related. I'm not sure, though. I've been vesting like a champion in order to hopefully kick whatever it is that might be bringing me down. It definitely doesn't feel like I'm getting worse, so that's good.

I have my study appointment at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday. Did I mention that a journalist is coming to my appointment to photograph me? Barring that there aren't any issues with him being there, he's going to get some images of me in a clinical setting. I met him at the walk and he is a photojournalist. I'm probably more excited about that than I should be... narcissistic fibrosis. Bring on the vanilla!

Off to bed I go. I'm telecommuting tomorrow and hopefully finishing the ceiling fan project.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you are so hilarious. Narcissistic Fibrosis. STOP!

    ReplyDelete