Tuesday, April 6, 2010

loooooove

First things first, let me announce the newest online total of $8259. This makes me so happy for Drew's Crew. This is such an important time of year for me, and it's awesome people who make it possible for me to be so successful. Sometimes I feel like a 'thank you' isn't enough for the support and the love I get from the people in my life. Seems cliche, but I mean it. It's amazing to think about how excited my mom and I used to be when we broke $1000, but as I meet more and more incredible people, it becomes that much simpler to do.

Well, today was a success. I didn't sleep very well, but I did get up early to exercise. I ended up exercising for 34 minutes and, of those minutes, I only walked for about 8. That was a pleasant surprise! In total, my distance was about 3.2 miles, so it was an awesome way to start the day. I haven't accomplished anything physical like that in quite a while. I hope to do something similar tomorrow because I felt so fulfilled when I finished.

I've spent the last two days at work catching up on some tasks I have been putting off left and right - some low-priority things. It feels good to get some of that out of the way so it's not staring me in the face anymore. Tomorrow, when I work from home, I'll get to spend my time building next week's mass emails to ATL and NYC. Oooh, how exciting! It'll be nice to take care of it distraction-free for a change. Speaking of, I wore a sundress today bracing myself for the 80+ degree temperatures in the office, and then it ended up being pretty chilly. I was relieved it was fixed, though, because it made for an easier day.

I had El Torero for lunch. It was fun!

Tonight I ended up going out to El Azteca for dinner, and then getting some groceries. Yeah, I planned on staying home and relaxing tonight, but El Azteca was too tempting and I kind of wanted to go out and do something instead of sitting around in a funk like I've been doing a bit too much lately. So, off I went, and I'm really glad I did!

I think that's about it. The Braves didn't play today, so I didn't get to enjoy that on my 'off' night... They're back at it tomorrow, though, so I'm looking forward to it!

8 comments:

  1. Was curious kind of marketing you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently do event marketing for Emory alumni events...

    I used to be a marketing consultant and dabbled in many industries, but before that I did the marketing for a recruitment firm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So would it be correct to say that you do a blend of internet marketing and traditional marketing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that's correct...Mainly email marketing for these populations, with a little bit of print sprinkled here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D
    Thought so...I've been doing some work in the business....I subscribed to your blog. If your on facebook or twitter send me your info and I'll follow you. I'm always looking to get more tips from people working in this field.

    P.S. you missed a magical night Monday for the Braves opener. I saw Heyward hit a 3R HR his first swing and the crowd erupted! I'm going again tonight to see our Braves kick some cubby butt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man! I am so envious that you were there for the opener. And tonight? Ridiculous! I was on the fence about going to tomorrow's game, but now it's out of the question.

    I'm not yet Twitterfied, but FB me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should go as soon as you can to feel the energy in the air at Turner Field. The last few days have made me so proud to be a Braves fan. The fans have been great at Turner field....we were fired up in a way I haven't seen in a very long time!

    I couldn't find any contact information in your profile or a FB link. Put me on the right trail....I would love to have a fellow Braves fan, marketing professional, and lover of mexican food in my network.

    ReplyDelete
  8. EL TORERO AZTECA!
    [The Aztec Bullfighter!]
    Me gusto mucho.

    ReplyDelete