Saturday, April 24, 2010

Coincidence

Sometimes I read entirely too much into coincidences. I have no idea why I even felt the need to say that because I'm not going to explain what I mean by that. Vague, I know. Moving right along...

A friend treated me to a nice night out on the town, and we hadn't hung out in a while, so I was glad to spend time with her! First we went out to eat at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Given the nastiness of the weather today, I figured it would be nice to escape to the tropics, despite watching the rain through the window. We enjoyed catching up and talking about life, which is always a crowd-pleaser in my book. Then we headed to Cafe Intermezzo where we grabbed some hot chocolate and continued our discussion! I also opened a sweet gift from her - a HUGE bag of Haribo gummy bears AND a gift card to the movies. I need to start getting up-to-speed with current movies so that I can use it wisely! Anyway, I considered tonight my birthday celebration for the most part, and it was time well-spent; it got me thinking.

I got some donations today! I am really appreciative, and the team is sitting at $12,100. I'm hoping to bring home some bacon on my birthday, so I've got high hopes for that! Let's celebrate!

Making that text a hyperlink made me think about the fact that I'm getting kind of good at HTML stuff. I dabble in it at work and have been using it some here and there for different fundraising things, and I actually like it. Basically it's like a brainteaser of sorts, so maybe I should look into learning more... DORK!

I haven't done too much that's noteworthy today... or yesterday. I got enrolled in ANOTHER study that I'll do on Thursday, so I have to start keeping a food journal tomorrow. I hope I don't forget. I don't have a printer, so I'm going to keep track in a gangsterfied way until I can get it printed.

Umm, that's about it. I am feeling motivated in many senses of the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment