Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ooooh - oh - oooooooh!

That title is me trying to articulate the sound of the tomahawk chop. I went to the Braves game yesterday afternoon, and BOY, was it an exciting one! The Braves were down 3-2 to start the ninth, and came back to win the thing. Jason Heyward came up with the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the ninth. He hit a game-winning single, and it was so cute. They huddled on the field and it made me want to cry. Then he got pied in the face! I'm just excited because my record is 1-0 right now. The Braves win 100 percent of the games I attend!

Well, my boss went into labor. I don't know for sure whether or not she's had the baby or what not, but she was in early labor last night. I am excited to see pictures, but I'm really going to miss her when she's gone.

Today the apprentices went bowling instead of rehearsing. Since the Improv Studies Program has a show this Thursday, we got the night free from apprentice rehearsal. Going bowling was a nice change of pace. It was fun to get to bond a bit in a non-improv atmosphere. Anytime we've gone out in public together, I always wonder if people are curious as to how we are friends. It's just an interesting combination of people. I bowled a 78 on the first game and was at 37 on the second game (with two frames left) when we ran out of time. I had a good time. Bowling is fun! I did get one strike, so that was nice!

Guess what! Today I scheduled my second study screening for this Thursday. They can only re-screen once, so I've got to do awesome on Thursday in order to be eligible. If I do as well as I did at the doctor last week, I should hopefully be good to go - at least lung-wise. I really, really hope that we can get this under way. I haven't gotten too excited about it in the last several weeks because I was trying to focus on the health issues of the present, but I hope everything goes well and I get approved within the next couple of weeks! Send the positive energy this way. I'll have to take half of a day off of work to participate, but hopefully it will be worth all of the positive benefits of the drug (if I don't get the placebo!).

Umm, that's about it. Drew's Crew is at $10,428. I am only $22 shy of $5,000 on my personal page. Yeeehaw! Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment