Friday, April 2, 2010

GOOOOOOD Friday

Hi y'all!

I write you tonight with a smiling heart. Today has been such a great day, primarily due to the major advancements made by Drew's Crew! I, as an individual, raised $577 today - through a mere four donations! A really great friend left me in complete and utter shock with her generous donation, and it's like that positive energy carried into other people as well. It seemed like every time I logged onto Facebook, someone new was posting my link, which means a lot to me. Drew's Crew's up-to-date online total is $6,762!!! While it's not officially official yet, there is approximately $1,000 in checks that haven't been posted online yet. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE MAGNITUDE OF HOW HAPPY I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I stopped by my mom's school to meet her kindergarten students. I haven't been able to go there in quite a while (pretty much since I finished college), so it was super-exciting to get to see all of the children. The kids were participating in an egg hunt today, and immediately upon entering the classroom, a student asked me if I was the Easter bunny. Man, that cracks me up. I've considered teaching and seeing those little kids today pulled at my heartstrings. I typically have a problem with children, but they were sooooooooo adorable.

I'll throw one tiny little twinge of negativity in here, more for informational purposes than anything. I have been doing really great pain-wise in the lungs since Tuesday, but today I got some more dagger-like pains. It's tough to imagine pain like this not being caused by something of concern, but they stopped shortly after taking the prescription Motrin. I had one 30-minute episode of being short-of-breath, too, so I guess I'm still monitoring this... That headache is lingering, too. I wonder if it has to do with a lack of oxygen or something.

ANYWAY! I'll end on a positive note. Tonight I got a post on my Facebook from a father of a CFer who said that my posting has motivated him to start fundraising again. That makes me very happy, so a shout-out to him!

As you go to sleep tonight, send some positive thoughts to a blog friend of mine who ought to be in the throes of a double-lung transplant right now. Someone's about to be breathing easy!

1 comment:

  1. You and little kids - no way!!! Glad you had a great day and many more to come!!!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete