Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Vat o' queso

Guess who's all willy nilly right now... ME! That was a pun, but you don't know it yet. I had steak nachos from Willy's today for lunch. Tonight we had a work call at the theatre. When we finished working, we were treated to a nacho bar from Willy's. After all was said and done, there was a bunch of stuff left over. Most of the people were gone before we realized how much extra food there was, so people got sent home with stuff. I ended up with a big ol' vat o' queso. I must say I'm pretty excited about it; you can never have too much cheese.

Before I forget to give them their proper recognition, the Braves SEALED THE DEAL last night. I was very, very tired and we entered the ninth inning down 3 to 0. The first batter in the ninth automatically got an out, so I was feeling pretty discouraged. I was tired and thought it would be better for me to check the score in the morning than stay up for the last two outs. So, I turned the game off and started trying to sleep. Within minutes, though, I had text messages from my mom and brother. With two outs, the Braves got a two-run homer (Glaus) followed by a solo homer by Heyward. At this point I had the TV on the see the start ofthe tenth inning. After an easy top of the inning, the first battler in the bottom of the tenth (McLouth) got a walk-off home run. It was so awesome! It made me proud. Then they went and lost tonight, but whatever. Go Braves!

I am getting really excited about the benefit show. I plan to unveil the details by Monday, I hope. I'm ready to start selling tickets and seeing that total rise! So many people have offered to volunteer their time and energy, and I just know it's going to be awesome and fun for everyone involved. And, of course, it helps a cause that means so much to me. I am thankful for everyone.

Speaking of, today was AWESOME for Drew's Crew! One of the walkers made BANK today, raising over $500. Some checks got posted as well, so the total of everything posted at this exact moment in time is $11,630. That is only about $50 less than what Drew's Crew raised ALL of last year, and we still have 23 days to go. MAN! I AM SO ENERGIZED! We are going to blow our old selves out of the water!

WHAT ELSE?! Tomorrow I have my study appointment. Yeehaw! I am going into work at the regular time and then will head out a few minutes before 1:00 p.m. The appointment should take about four or five hours. Then, tomorrow night, the Improv Studies Program is performing a show, so I'm going to go check that out. I'm looking forward to seeing them perform!

I'm just feeling really happy. Life is great!

1 comment:

  1. Life IS great! I love moments that remind me of that. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete