Monday, April 5, 2010

Gooooo Bravooooooooos

Well, I was really sad to miss the Braves home opener today. It's the first time I've missed in several years. I missed for a few reasons - 1) Since I was home from work last week, I didn't want to take another day off, 2) I had improv, and 3) The pollen is ridiculous. The Braves beat the Cubs 16 to 5, so it would have been a fun game to see. Oh well... I know I'll get to one sooner than later!

Today was a rough day. As I mentioned last night, it had been a while since I'd been in the office, and it was tough to be back. I didn't sleep well last night, so I was already a little perturbed. Then the day didn't improve a whole lot from there. Moodwise, at least. I was in a bit of a funk all day, but I surprisingly felt better when I walked into the theatre. I was worried I wouldn't be able to shake it, but I did; I didn't even think one time about how bad my day had been.

I think part of that is because, as I was walking into the theatre, one of my friends gave me a $250 donation from his dad! That made me smile BIG TIME! Then, when I was getting out of improv, I looked at my phone and my mom had texted me to tell me about a $500 donation from my old boss. All in all, today was an awesome fundraising day, with a total of $850 raised! Now Drew's Crew's online total is $7662! SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

What else? I got over to the Emory area a little early today, so I stopped by Kroger and got some granola bars and cashews. I ate a granola bar for breakfast. Is anyone in particular who is reading this proud of me for eating breakfast????????????????? I had steak nachos for lunch at Willy's, which was a ray of sunshine on this bleak Monday.

Oh yeah, I ended up not working out today. I think I have a really good explanation, though. It took me a long time to get to sleep, so it was really hard to get up this morning. I decided to sleep in a little later and use my exercise hour at work today to hop on the elliptical before improv. However, the AC was broken at work today, so my office was 83 degrees, with some neighboring offices getting up to 87. That being said, the exercise room was like a sauna and it wouldn't fare well with my heading-straight-to-improv-after-a-sink-shower plan that I was hoping to accomplish. So, I'm getting up and doing it tomorrow. No excuses. Man, it's already late. I better get on this sleeping thing!

Cheers to a better Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Cheers! You did great last night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREAKFAST?! Did I read this correctly? GO DREW. Proud of you. Can you make that 2 this week?! Hope you are holding up with the pollen. It's bad - been thinking @ you. Rain will come soon and wash it all away!!!

    ReplyDelete