Sunday, September 27, 2009

Party like it's 1989

Well, what a long weekend!

Friday night I worked at the Class of 1989 mixer at Atkins Park. It was a ton of fun! There were probably about 90 attendees, so it was a really good time. It's so funny to see these 44(ish) year olds talking about playing beer pong at their fraternity houses [not in college, but Thursday night with college students] and watching them take tequila shots. It was definitely one of the livelier crowds. In fact, when I saw most of them on Saturday, they did not look as though they were at full potential. I was surprised they remembered me.

So, after working from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., I was so excited to head home. Long story short, my roommate had my house key and was bringing it to me at Atkins Park. However, in all of the 1989 chaos, I forgot to ask her for it when she arrived. I got home just before midnight to remember that I didn't have a key to my house. My sister wasn't home with my spare, so I ended up hanging out at her house until I could finally get in my place at about 1:30 a.m. Longest. Day. Ever. It's so funny that this would happen on a day where alllllll I could think about was getting home and getting in bed.

On Saturday, it was looking pretty muggy outside, but we lucked out and really weren't experiencing any rain. We got all set up for the tailgate party and the homecoming parade was making its way around campus. At that time, it started to rain. Then the bottom fell out of the sky at almost the exact time our tailgate was scheduled to start. We ended up moving everything inside, but people still had a good time, I think.

Then, I worked at the Class of 1994 reunion on Saturday night. It was a smaller, more intimate group, but we had a good time working it. I ate entirely too much food, some of which was hilariously difficult to eat. I'm just thankful to have all of my teeth today. It was a loooong day. I was kind of energetic after the reunion because I'd had my game face on, so I ended up staying up until at least 3:00 a.m.

Needless to say, my sleeping patterns have been so dysfunctional this weekend. I napped for about three hours today, so I'm hoping I can fall asleep soon. It probably doesn't help that I just walked in from running 3.5 miles. Oh well, I'm exhausted.

Oh, and the Braves are out of control right now. They have won 14 of their last 16 games and are only 2.5 games back in the NL Wild Card race. I am hoping we can will the rest of our games and maybe Colorado will see some upsets. Gooooooooo Bravos!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment