Thursday, September 3, 2009

Finally PICCless!

Yes, you guessed it. I got my PICC line removed today! The end result was/is awesome because I have two useful arms again, but the getting-there part was tricky. The psychotic nurse called at 9:00 a.m. to let me know she was coming at noon. Finally, at about 1:25 p.m., I was getting extremely impatient and called to see where she was and she claimed she was en route. Then, I hadn't heard from her at 2:15 p.m. and was about to blow a gasket. I called her and she said she was about to be there. Just for the sake of being confrontational, I told her I needed to leave to go somewhere 15 minutes AGO. Her response, "Oh, well I'll be there before that." I literally laughed on the phone, thinking, "I hope you're driving the time machine today, moron."

Then, after watching her highly unsuccessful journey into a parking spot, she got out of the car empty-handed. She walked in, started asking me all kinds of personal questions about how much I paid for my place, and then didn't really have anything prepared. She started looking for the stuff she needed and didn't have a suture removal kit for my stitches. So, thankfully, I happened to have one in my bathroom (rainy day activity) so she could perform the procedure for which she actually came. I swear she might have been smashed or something; there's no way she was at her maximum potential. I pray. It took all of my self-control not to be nasty to her.

Oh yeah, and she somehow inadvertently called my cell phone twice while performing the procedure. I didn't understand that one bit. Creeper.

Tonight we went out to eat Mexican for Kev-o's birthday. Deeelicious! I enjoooooooooooyed eating.

I listened to the Braves blow their lead as I drove home and proceeded to get increasingly frustrated through the remaining innings. I want to forget tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment