Wednesday, September 9, 2009

RIP Zenith and Motorola

Hello.

So, there was a small storm this afternoon and it took the lives of two electronic devices in my house - The Motorola cable box hooked up to the main TV and my roommate's small TV in her bedroom. I feared that the microwave was done for, but I fixed that on the circuit breaker. Unfortunately, those other two items were not as fortunate and I guess were fried in a power surge. It's ironic that my TV and cable box are fine since I hardly ever use them...

While I'm on the topic of weather and natural things, the earthquake last night was actually the repaving of one of the lanes on my road. It was so loud and obnoxious, but thankfully the shaking stopped at a decent hour - the noise didn't.

On the way to work this morning, I literally saw a girl on the interstate eating some kind of breakfast that involved a spoon. It seemed like she was eating cereal, which is not safe. It was a little frightening to pass someone going 70 mph, only to see her lifting a spoon to her mouth. I mean, maybe whatever she was eating was balancing in her lap and she actually had one hand on the wheel. I'm not completely opposed to eating while driving, but preferably something that doesn't involve using silverware... That just seems dangerous. Maybe she should try a granola bar tomorrow. Or grits.

I was actually at the fitness center when the power went out. I was on the treadmill. I had just made an attempt to begin running, when my right knee started really hurting. I stopped and tried to stretch and start again, but it just didn't ease the pain. Thankfully, I was walking when the power went out or I probably would have fallen and knocked out some teeth.

I worked from home this afternoon because I wasn't feeling all that great. I sneezed about 15 times yesterday and was a little congested today, so I think I must be allergic to something. I am missing improv practice right now, which is saddening, but I think I need a relaxing night with an early start to bed.

Anyway, the Braves won last night (!!!!) and are starting to play right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment