Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Vampiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire

Well, I thought I was going to get interrogated at the public library this morning. I accidentally had an overdue book, so I decided to swing by there on the way to work. I knew it would be a long day and I wanted to get the book turned in today. So, I went to the library just before 7:00 a.m. I knew it would be closed, but figured I could put it in the book drop. I pulled up to the sign that says "Book Drop" and left my car running. As I started trying to find the book drop, I realized the sign was somewhat false advertisement because the book drop was very far away. As I rounded the corner to go behind the building and leave my car running and out of my sight, I started to jog. Just as I took one last glance at my car, I saw that a cop car had entered the parking lot. So here I am, running around looking suspicious. Then, I ran even faster thinking only a moron would leave a car unattended for so long. When I came back around the corner, the cop car was sitting there. Thankfully, though, it pulled away as I got in the car. I guess I looked trustworthy enough. Little old me - vandalizing the library at 7:00 a.m.

I got a call late last week from an unknown number. I listened to the voicemail and it was someone wanting me to be an extra in Vampire Diaries. I had honestly never heard of it, but I looked it up today when I remembered that I had never called the lady back. Just like everything else these days, it's about high schoolers loving vampires. That could have been extremely interesting... I'm glad to know I look like the type.

So, the Braves absolutely tanked the last week or so of the season. Thankfully I did not have access to television during this time, so I was able to maintain my sanity. The fact that we were even considered 'in it' with 6 games left was pleasure enough for me after what felt like a somewhat heartbreaking season. I think I have decided to root for the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs. I used to have a Cardinals pajama shirt that played "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" when I was in kindergarten. I have also considered rooting for the Angels, so if one of my two teams doesn't make it past the first round, I am switching teams.

Improv was interesting last night. We did singing games. I am officially a horrible singer, but I had a good time. I was running so low on energy that I wasn't even able to exert dread over when I would be called on to sing. My favorite things to do were probably Rap and 80s Pop. Opera was pretty fun, too. I am pretty good at being bad.

Well, I am going to sleep. Now. I felt like I might be coming down with something because I have had the pedal to the metal for the last week. So, off I go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment