Saturday, July 10, 2010

The return to normalcy

Boy, it hasn't been easy, but life is almost back to normal...

Thursday.

An indifferent day. I went to eat lunch with my former boss at Maddio's, which was a highlight of the day. I also picked up a few prescriptions from Target, which wasn't a highlight, but was necessary. Finally, I called the guy at the dealership to see if my car was ready and, DING-DING-DING, it was. I headed to the gas station to re-gas the rental car. I looked like a silly goose trying to figure out which side the gas thingy was on. Then, I ended up pumping gas twice because I had to turn the car on to see how I was looking fuel-wise without unnecessarily giving Enterprise free gas.

I got to Enterprise and my insurance company had canceled my rental car claim. SURPRISE! Another thing to resolve! Thankfully that fell to the hands of the Enterprise workers, and I got taken back to the dealership to get my car. They tried to run my debit card and, for some reason, it said a referral was needed for the purchase. We tried again and got the same message. I called Bank of America and I guess they were trying to protect me from identity theft, and I reassured that it was me making the charges. However, between the two pending charges at the gas station and the two $500 charges at the car place, I guess a hold was placed on my card. I didn't have my checkbook or any other form of payment, so I literally had to have my uncle come bail me out of the car place. I think that was the final complication until further notice.

Thursday night I went out to Cheesebuger in Paradise and Taco Mac. I had a swell time.

Friday.

Friday was largely uneventful. I worked from home (on my sister's borrowed laptop), and got a lot accomplished. Not a lot really happened until the point that I went to El Toro with my sister. I came home and watched the Braves beat the Mets (awww, YEAH!). Then, I made a split-second decision to go out for some drinks. I stayed up/out entirely too late, but I had a wonderful time. I am a sleepy thing.

Saturday.

Today is Saturday. I have done many things today, including getting my hair done and buying a new computer. I haven't taken the laptop out of the box yet, but all that matters is that it's my favorite color. I don't even care what it's capable of as long as it continues to be a beautiful aqua. I'm gonna open that bad boy after I get back from Starbucks.

Have a great night, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment