Friday, July 2, 2010

Drop it like it's hot.

So, let's backtrack. The last time I wrote in here was Tuesday night when I was in excruciating kidney stone pain. Right after the post, I started chugging water at a very unhealthy speed. As I browsed the web for quick fixes, I read something about olive oil, so I took a swig of it. It didn't really help the situation. At all. The combination of the water and oil had me hovering over the toilet about to vomit. Water and oil don't mix. I thought of that myself. I was feeling sick all throughout the night. Kidney-wise, I didn't feel very good on Wednesday. I planned to go into work but was in too much pain. So, I continued with the narcotics.

By the end of the day yesterday, it felt like the pain had shifted. Then, when I woke up this morning, I was positive that today would be the day. The pain had moved significantly lower and I just had a good feeling about it. My strainer and I headed to work. I took the strainer with me to the bathroom several times and, at one point, I was sitting at my desk and felt a sharp pain. I was positive it was ready. Drumroll.... The stone was cast!

It is so small that I feel wimpy, but someone at the theatre tonight who'd had experience before (working in a hospital) ensured me that it was not. It's my lil baby. I'm still thinking of a name.

My internet and cable also went out and Comcast is coming tomorrow to fix it. I am bewildered by the fact that it is working right now. My A/C is working, too!

On a sad, yet uplifting note, my friend KM passed away early yesterday morning. One would think that her death would be the final piece of news on this bad luck streak. The thing is, though, that she was ready and comfortable with this. She fought a long, hard battle, and assured us all that she was prepared. While it is saddening for a wonderful person to be gone at such a young age, I am confident that she is happier.

Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment