Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'm proud to be an American

I'm pretty bummed that I didn't hear my favorite 4th of July song this year. OH WELL! I guess the radio stations weren't feeling patriotic.

I just got back from watching fireworks with my mom and roommate. I'm actually at my parents' house. After my grandmother's 86th birthday party today, I headed back here with my parents. My mom and I ran by the mall to return a few things and then watched the Braves lose (sadly).

Well, I've been feeling allergy-tastic these last few days. It honestly blows my mind because it's the middle of the summer; it doesn't seem like I should be sneezing with an itchy throat. I woke up in the middle of the night on Thursday and have been coughing more than usual ever since. Oh well...It could be worse; I could have a kidney stone.

What else?! Friday was one of my Summer Fridays and it was a really dreary day. I worked a bit and took several naps. Friday night I went out and ate some Turkish food and then hit up Starbucks. Ahhh! Starbucks! I hadn't really gotten a chance to enjoy a good ol' coffee since I got back in town.

Saturday I got up, worked out, and then headed to meet my sister at the pool. We laid around and talked for a few hours and then headed to El Toro (!) for some lunch. After that, I came home and took yet another nap, which ended up being three hours long. Impressive, I know. The emcee for last night's show then called to see if I could stop by the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for ABC Buzzer Cooking Show. I got the oddest combination of things, including candy corn, Vienna sausages, and turkey gravy. I also treated myself to an iced White Chocolate Mocha at Starbucks in Kroger. Oh man! I forgot all about this interaction until right now.

Me: I'll have a grande iced White Chocolate Mocha.
Worker: (messing with register) Grande iced White Chocolate Mocha. Hot or cold?

The show was fun last night. The 10:30 p.m. show was canceled since the holiday weekend has been kinda of quiet. It was a nice treat considering how tired I'd been feeling. I could have lasted the two shows and would have enjoyed myself, but I was EXHAUSTED!

I ran three miles this morning.

I'm riding back to our place with my roommate tomorrow morning. Yeehaw! We plan to spend the day at the pool, so I'm hoping for nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment