Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Put on my new suede boots and I boarded the train

So, I thought of that title earlier today and totally forgot about belting it out at a bar the weekend before last. Man, that was kinda fun, but that moment is over. Moving forward... onwards and upwards.

I went to Marshalls today for my telecommuting lunch break and got some super-cute suede boots. They are flat and gray, and I make them look good. I also got a pair of gray shorts. I don't envision myself ever wearing those items simultaneously. The boots were only $29, but I found online that the actual retail price is........ TWO-HUNDRED AND TWENTY DOLLLLLARS. Can we say 'bargaining baller'?

WAY TO SCREW UP, BRAVES. Sorry. Forgive me for that anger. They're in the 12th inning, which is annoying in and of itself, but geez louis.* Get it together. High five on giving up two runs. NOT.

I sound entirely too hyper for it to be after 11:00 p.m., huh? I'm just in a really good mood. I woke up feeling awful (like really sick) today and, although my physical health is not my strength these days, I feel really great mentally. I need to recuperate this weekend.

Mmm, I better get to bed. I have to take my JUG O' URINE to the lab in the morning before our going-away pancake breakfast with the old boss. I guess I made it a pancake breakfast in my head, but it's not technically a pancake breakfast. I'm also going out to lunch tomorrow. I'm excited!

I exercised like a champ today, which makes me happy because I think it will help me feel better.

*I spell "geez louis" the way I pronounce it, which is like the way the city St. Louis is pronounced. I know that's not the phrase, but I pronounce it that way because I think it's better like that. It also originated from someone at one of my sister's former jobs who seriously said it that way.

1 comment: