Wednesday, July 14, 2010

HUSTLAH

I'm a hustlah, y'all.

So, this morning I forgot to mention that I got up before dawn and worked out. Yeah, you heard it here. I ran on the treadmill and then hopped on the elliptical. I think that should be my order from now on because running on the treadmill really gets me going and then I can coast on the elliptical. It seemed more worthwhile, and I'm gauging that completely on the fact that I started sweating sooner and maintained it throughout the entire workout. Hot, I know. That's what I do.

The meeting at the hospital was pretty cool. It was neat to learn some of the inner workings, but it was also nice to give an objective, firsthand opinion. I feel like this is going to be a great experience. We're already en route to implementing an idea that I suggested today.

My boss is on vacation starting tomorrow through July 26. This means I am the boss of all communications at work. I am making that sound much more important than it is.

I accomplished a first today(ish). In a 24-hour period, I had Starbucks three times. So, last night I only had a hot chocolate because I was drinking it so late and didn't want to be up all night. Today I went to Starbucks at lunch to clear my head (bad mood) and got my White Chocolate Mocha latte and some fruit. They stamped that come-back-after-whatever-time-and-get-a-$2-grande-iced-drink thing on my receipt, and I was sold. I ended up going there for a little while between work and rehearsal, and enjoyed an iced Mocha latte. In both Starbucks sessions, I worked on some creative endeavors, so that was fun!

Rehearsal tonight was fun. We talked about/worked on a game I've never played and rarely seen - Jam Session. It's a musical game and we all know that singing is my expertise. Right, farmer? JERK. After the casting was announced for this week's show (the private event), there was a slight change in plans because the show was supposed to be mainstage. I was already calculating how I would efficiently utilize my time on Thursday night, but found out tonight that I'm going to be in the show anyway. So, although the groceries will have to wait, it will be fun. My mom will officially miss her first show tomorrow, but I know she'll be there in spirit! She would be there if it was allowed.

I have some exciting book-related things to do before I go to sleep! I realize it's already after midnight, but this is the kind of energy I had after I took that writing course at Emory. I'm all riled up! It should be okay if I stay up kind of late because I'm telecommuting tomorrow, so I can knock off the two hours it takes me to get ready and sit in traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment