Sunday, July 18, 2010

Givin' Lip

Well, well, well... Where to even begin. I'd say Shoot the Hooch 2010 was a success if I've ever seen one. By the time we got to the end of the course, there were literally cops waiting for us. Now, I'm not a fan of law-breaking and what not, but I've got to admit that I am impressed we could cause so much uproar on a river that there would be cops awaiting our arrival on land. Perhaps this year's pirate theme was appropriate. There were 16 girls, and we sure caused a lot of chaos. I don't think it's smart to negotiate with a cop while wearing a shirt that says "Givin' Lip."

My uncle graciously picked my roommate and I up. However, in our post-Hooch stupor, I forgot that my house key was in my car at the put-in. So, we got home and had to sit outside while my uncle and cousin went to retrieve my car. We successfully made it into the house and were pretty useless for the rest of the night...until Burial 2010.

When my roommate went up to bed, she came down and told me that one of her hamsters had died. Between the way we were feeling and the way she was acting, I was laughing entirely too much about poor Goober. My roommate was talking to Goober's child saying, "Nothing to see here, Peanut, " and "Your mama's not doing so well, Peanut." What an end to our day!

Today I met a few Wolf Camera friends (DH and MS) at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I devoured a BLT Blue Cheese Burger and we all split a piece of Snickers cheesecake. It was so fun to catch up and talk about everything under the sun. I love lunches like that. It was the perfect start (and end!) to my Sunday afternoon.

The Braves scored lots o' runs today, so they're still carrying the NL East by five games. Ballllerrrrrr! All of those disappointing seasons feel well-worth it this year.

I guess I'm gonna go get all of my crazy bloodwork done tomorrow afternoon. I have a lunch meeting, but it should be a relatively calm day otherwise.

1 comment: