Monday, November 16, 2009

Sleepy sloth

I am pretty stinkin' tired right now, but sometimes that's when I write the most entertaining things. Not that I just promised this would be entertaining by any means...

Today was a pretty good day; in fact, the workday flew by. I got to work at about 7:00 a.m. and it was almost 9:00 a.m. before anyone else arrived. That's nice because it gives me a chance to crack down in the mornings and knock some things out before I start getting distracted. I accomplished so much in the first two hours of the day. I also listened to some good music on Pandora - I started with Kenny Chesney and then ended up listening to The Juliana Theory.

I had a meeting from about 10:00 a.m. to noon, so that was a significant chunk of the day. After the meeting, I knocked a few things out before I arbitrarily journeyed to Kroger during lunchtime.

I got the following items at Kroger: a caesar salad with bacon, a box of Cheez-Its, and a bag of Sour Slices. The salad was a poor decision on my part; I rarely even enjoy eating salad - so much work with no reward. I wanted something quick and was too lazy to wait at the deli. The Cheez-Its are always a win, so that's a no-brainer. The Sour Slices are interesting. You know those orange slices that are basically like gum drops? Well, Sour Slices look the same, but have a kick to them. They're pretty exciting, I guess.

After work, my uncle came over and I helped him write a cover letter for a position he found online. I worked on that until my brain almost fell out, and then we went out to eat...you guessed it...Mexican! The Mexican food made up for that horrendous salad that I bought on a whim. I still don't even know what must have come over me in that moment of weakness.

Now I am dozing off as I type this, thinking about how I will speak at a CF Foundation event after work tomorrow. I'll probably figure out what I want to say when I'm killing time between work and the event. You know what they say... I'll stop procrastinating starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment