Sunday, November 29, 2009

I am not a boy

Hi. I am writing today with a lot less hair than the last time I wrote, but I am not a boy. The jury's still out regarding my hair. I'm not sure how much I got cut off, but probably six inches in some places and more in others. Yeah, this is a true story. This is the shortest I've had my hair in probably ten years. It is kind of cute because it looks like I made more of an effort, but it also makes me feel like a small boy. One of my BFFs from high school cut it and he did a great job! Now I just need to be capable of making it look as good as he did.

I am still at my parents' house, so it has been quite the holiday weekend. I am leaving for work from here in the morning. It looks like I'll be wearing jeans and one of my new shirts. I will probably wear a headband I got today so everyone can tell I'm still a girl. I wonder how long it will take to get to work from here in the morning. I better leave early to be safe, so I'm going to go to bed by 9:00 p.m.

I couldn't sleep well at all last night. It was the most restless night I've had in as long as I can remember. I was tossing and turning and probably only slept in one-hour increments (at the most). Then, it didn't help that there was a darn squirrell tap-dancing in the attic this morning. It sounded like he was right above my vent, so that contributed to my sleeplessness.

This week should be fun. I'm going to an improv graduation show on Tuesday night, and that's always fun. Friday I believe I am staffing the young alumni holiday party in Midtown, so that ought to be adventurous. I can't remember if I have any other obligations - it will depend on when I start improvising as an apprentice. Giddy up!

Well, I took some NyQuil in hopes of being able to battle the squirrell tonight. Hopefully he's out in the cold shivering. That's mean, but I don't want him in the attic. I am tired and am afraid tonight will be like the night before school starts - anxious to go back to work and what not.

I guess I better go round up my belongings and get some more writing done to finalize the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment