Monday, November 23, 2009

Unpretty

I just heard "Unpretty" by TLC on Pandora. I've actually never paid attention to the lyrics before, but it has a somewhat respectable message. It also fits my mood lately; it's extremely difficult to feel attractive in the colder weather. I can't exactly explain why - maybe it's my feeling ghostly, maybe it's wearing the frumpy clothes, maybe it's just me going into my seasonal funk inspired by the colder weather.

I am doing my therapy vest right now. I'm actually pretty proud of myself because I've been doing it almost daily, which is an extreme improvement from 'rarely.' I plan on taking it with me to my parents' house, so I should receive some kind of "Most Improved" award for that.

Well, my new glasses are doing me justice. I meant to mention that I wore them out Friday night and this weirdo came up to me and made a comment. Now, it would be one thing to walk up to a girl and compliment her glasses, and take it from there. However, this guy walked up and started telling me how he had a thing for glasses, etc. Way to make a miserable first impression by coming off as a total creep. He also made some comments about kidnapping me, so we had a good laugh at that after I sent him packing.

Today I went to this pizza place near work with several of my 'colleagues.' I built my own pizza with blue cheese, grilled chicken, caramelized onions and buffalo sauce. It was incredible! I ate the entire thing.

Tomorrow after work I am headed hooooome home. To my hometown. I am dropping my car off at Nissan for its 6K mile check-up. How cute! I hope my mom will make me pancakes for dinner. I'm not even going to be able to start thinking about Thanksgiving until I have some pancakes. I haven't had pancakes since the last time I was running my mouth about them in here.

I got on the elliptical today at work for the first time in over a week. Call me outrageous, but I plan on hitting the gym before work tomorrow. I realize that will involve getting up at 5:00 a.m., but I also know that I won't be doing much of anything productive until further notice.

Considering my likelihood of getting up so early is diminishing as each minute ticks away, I better put an end to this to preserve as much hope as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment