Sunday, November 8, 2009

Derailed

I just finished reading a book. I got it at Target on Monday during my lunch break. I'm not going to type the name of it because I'm about to bad-mouth it and, being an aspiring author, I will preserve the title of the book because someone out there is extremely proud of it. Plus, I know there are millions and millions of people reading my blog. NOT. Anyways, I thought the book was somewhat contrived. Almost nothing about the book seemed natural; it all seemed so forced and researched in my opinion, which is ironic considering the book was fiction.

You know when you see those movies and you feel like the writer simply threw an ending together because he got sick of it? Well, that seemed like this entire book. Most of the storytelling seemed arbitrary and had a forced quirkiness about it. It just didn't seem as though it was written from the heart and I personally find that to be one of the most important characteristics defining a good book. I feel like, as you close a book, you should feel that you've learned something, but all I seem to have learned from this is that a good plot can be derailed within pages.

This weekend was so relaxing and productive, if I must say so myself. I exercised both Saturday and today. Yesterday, I went to the mall with my mom to spend some gift cards I've had for entirely too long. I used a Macy's gift card from my college graduation (December 2007) to buy a cute black and white pea coat. Then, I used a Sears gift card I got for complaining about a scratch on my stainless steel fridge to purchase a set of adjustable weights. Yep, I've gotten pretty buff since yesterday. I spent Saturday night cleaning my room and doing laundry like a social butterfly.

Today I went to Kroger, where I saved almost $22 with my Kroger Plus Card. Now that's bargain shopping! I hadn't been full-fledged grocery shopping in quite some time, so it's nice to have a decent assortment of things in my fridge/freezer. It had grown to become quite pathetic, much like a fridge in an apartment belonging to college students. Right now I'm probably most excited about this Espresso Chip ice cream I got. I surprisingly only ate a few spoonfuls of it today, but I'm sure it will disappear somewhat rapidly during the week.

Georgia Tech moved up to number 7 in the BCS rankings, so I'm very happy about that! The Atlanta Falcons also won today, so that was enjoyable. It was a successful weekend for my football teams.

Tomorrow we will REALLY watch the DVD of our improv show. I'm worried I'll be overly self-critical, but it will only make me better. This week is going to be crazy busy at work, so I better start winding down. There literally aren't enough hours in the workday to accomplish everything that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment