Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bagel roll

Today I had a bagel roll for lunch at Thaicoon. It was absolutely incredible. I could eat again. In fact, I got some jelly beans and gummy bears at Kroger after lunch in order to help sugar me through the day. I don't think it's going to work.

Well, I had my improv show last night, and I think it went pretty well. I'm pretty sure I had 29 friends come, so that was awesome. It was like my own cheering section, so I really appreciated that. The show was pretty fun! There were some hiccups here and there, but some highlights as well. My condescending, shallow character named Margaret McBlarney said a lot of offensive things, so I deemed that successful. I thought people were more energized about the last show, but it was still a great time!

Our dean of alumni died on Sunday, so we are having a reception at work today. He lived to be an incredible 97 years old, and it was amazing to see a 97-year-old walking down the halls of this building, just putting in another day's work. I bet the reception is going to be absolutely gigantic. I'll need to put on my game face and play hostess all afternoon, but it will be interesting to attend the reception. He seemed absolutely remarkable considering his dedication and I have heard nothing but positive things about him every day I've been here.

I just got asked to speak at a CF Foundation event on November 17, so I'm excited about that. I feel kind of like a mini-celebrity these last several weeks. It's pretty enjoyable, if I do say so myself. Speaking of being a mini-celebrity, I have promised myself I will finish writing my book by the end of the year. I think it's very feasible, as I'm already very far along. Revising it will be the hardest part, but at least it will be written!

World Series game 6 tonight. I'm really pulling for the Yankees here. I never thought there would be a day in my life that those words would escape my fingertips, but it just happened. The Phillies would be useless if they couldn't hit home runs, and I truly don't need to see them win another championship. They hardly even deserved to be the division winners. Yeah, I'm bitter and most of those remarks are out of spite, but I'm still rooting for the Yankees. I'm more so rooting against the Phillies, but I guess that consequently categorizes me as a Yankees fan. For tonight.

Time to get prepared for socializing.

1 comment:

  1. i've been reading along with what you've been writing these past few weeks. miss you tandy.

    ReplyDelete