Saturday, November 14, 2009

Way down yonder

Well, where to start... I got up at about 7:30 a.m. and stayed up for a little while writing. Then, I took a nap from 8:10 to 8:50 a.m. I'm truly not sure how I can take a nap before 9:00 a.m., but I did. I went walking at the Chattahoochee with my roommate and some friends. It was pretty nice outside and we walked for almost an hour and a half. It wasn't vigorous, so I plan on really pushing myself tomorrow.

When I got home, I showered and ate a snack. Then I watched Georgia Tech destroy Duke in football, so that was good. Georgia Tech officially clinched their division, so that's good news to a typically disappointed fan. I took a nap (again!) during halftime, and then got up to get ready for my MASSAGE.

Let me tell you...the massage was fun. In retrospect, I kind of wish I told the lady to focus a bit more on my back because that's where I hold the most stress. It was kind of creepy being in the massage place. It felt surreal in a very strange way... I couldn't see outside to civilization and nobody was really speaking. I just kind of felt like I had been abducted. Calming music was playing and it was so dark; it just felt like I was in a strange dream.

I spent most of the time during the massage thinking about how much I wouldn't want to be a massage therapist. I just can't imagine wanting to touch people like that. I mean, I bet she was relieved when my little harmless self came in, but imagine the types of people she might see in a given day. I was surprised at how comfortable I felt and could definitely get used to that. "Get a massage" was on the bucket list I created in May, so I officially get to mark something off!

After the massage, I went to For Eyes to look at spectacles. I'm nearly positive I successfully chose the craziest pair of glasses they had. The color of the glasses is called "prism" and is a mixture of orange, blue and purple. They are pretty awesome! When I first went to For Eyes in March of 2008, a worker invited me to her 21st birthday party. She was there, so it was fun to reminisce and get an honest opinion on the glasses I was considering!

You think my day ends there? NOPE. My sister came to get me and we went to Marshalls and the mall. I found some comfortable khaki pants at the mall, so I'm really excited about that. I can almost never find things that fit me and, of course after spending most of last Saturday looking for pants, I accidentally stumbled upon them today. On the way home from the mall, we got some queso to-go from El Toro. That's called addiction.

Now I'm getting ready to go to bed. We watched a few episodes of The Office and I'm watching the end of the Auburn vs. UGA football game. It's tied at the moment, but anything could happen. It's been a long but productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment