Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home sweet home

Well, I came home Monday afternoon. My mom and I celebrated my coming home by going to El Toro for dinner. Unfortunately, I just didn't have the stamina I usually have. These IV antibiotics do a number to your appetite. Believe it or not, I lost almost 5 pounds in the hospital. That's incredible considering how short my stay was. It kind of makes sense, though, because if the IV antibiotics didn't cause me to lose my appetite, the overabundance of gravy would/did.

I was really unproductive yesterday. I did go to Steak and Shake, though, so I can't deem the entire day a waste. I spent a decent bit of time cleaning my room, too. I left it a total mess in the shenanigans leading up to the hospital, so there was a lot of damage to undo.

Today was more productive by far. I got up just before 7:00 a.m. for my first IV, and then got up for good at 9:00 a.m. I went to the fitness center at my complex and did five miles on the treadmill. I averaged 12 minutes per mile, so I spent about half of the time walking and half running. I'd say that's pretty impressive, although I'm already kinda sore. During my time in the hospital, I may have walked a total of half of a mile, all back and forth between using the restroom and pacing in my room.

Then I went to the pool for a while. It was pretty hot outside. I enjoyed myself reading Sein Language by Jerry Seinfeld. This is making me laugh out loud more than any other book I've read. I appreciate his sense of humor. I was just nibbling on Goldfish and giggling at the pool. Much like a small child.

Well, this intravenous drug user is going to wander around the house with no rhyme or reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment