Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 4: Oh yeah, how are your lungs?

So, I woke up in pain again today, but it was in my PICC line arm as well as my neck. It literally hurt to move my head. The doctors have been so busy thinking about all of these side issues that we really haven't thought much about my lungs. I feel as good as I did lungwise before I came here, so that's good since we're fighting different issues now. This is precisely why I don't like going on IV antibiotics. My body just doesn't want them and it's as simple as that.

The good news is that, as the day has progressed, I've been feeling better and better in my PICC line arm as well as my neck. I am finally sitting here not in pain for the first time since Thursday morning. Awesome!

I watched the Braves win tonight, so that was enjoyable. I also got a copy of The Big Lebowski to watch, so that should be fun. I might watch it as I'm getting ready for bed tonight. Why do I say getting ready for bed like I haven't been in bed for 4 days now? Good question.

I had a smoothie for lunch today because lunch was, and I quote my mom, "Meatloaf with some kind of salsa on it." Yeah, I totally passed on that. I don't even know that I touched the lunch tray, to be completely honest. Dinner was better, though. It was salmon. I had some salmon and a bite or two of Jell-O. Homemade Jell-O is much better than Snack Pack Jell-O.

Today was relatively calm, but tomorrow seems like it might be a packed house. A lot of folks want to visit. I hope it doesn't get too crowded because I've been pretty pooped lately on these medications and what not.

Well, I have 24 minutes left on this IV and then I'll see where the night takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment