Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 5: Do we need to change your bed?

WHAT A DAY!

Well, I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and when I was walking back to bed, there was a gigantic roach walking up the edge of a cabinet. I almost flipped out and stood there for a few minutes strategizing as he made his way up the cabinet. I had one of two options... 1) stay up all night and panic, 2) call the nurse to kill him. So, I called the nurse. She walked in and I informed her of his locale.

At this point, he had walked into a box of sterile gloves. Oh, the irony. So, I let the nurse know that the roach was making a home inside the box of sterile gloves and she began investigating. She was banging those glove boxes around waiting for him to scurry out. I knew he appeared when she let out a shriek and she turned on the water to begin drowning him. She had gloves on and ended up getting a paper towel and grabbing him, turning her glove inside out. So, she carried his half-drowned carcass out in a blue glove, similar to the way a dog's owner carries its feces.

I had a lot of visitors today, so I'm pretty exhausted. It was fun, though. Tiring, but fun. I know some awesome people.

Right as I finished up dinner, I got up to throw a styrofoam cup of water away. I somehow managed to kick the cup out of my hand getting out of bed, so the bed and my pants got soaked. I had to call the nurse and tell her I wet the bed and she came to rescue me with new sheets. She asked what happened and I told her I kicked a cup of water out of my hand. That honestly takes talent.

Other than that, things have been pretty low-key. I've just been pretty tired. Can you imagine being in the same 12 x 18 ft. room for three days without leaving? I haven't left since I got an ultrasound on Thursday. Gee! I guess this is what jail feels like.

Well, I guess I'll go pace some in my cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment