Friday, July 10, 2009

Freaky Friday

Geez, the week flew by! I was so sleep-deprived this week because, after Monday's physical therapy session, I found myself in a lot of pain. I had trouble sleeping all week because every position was uncomfortable and caused pain. I am feeling better after going yesterday. We tried a different approach to getting the rib where it should be, and that seems to be helping. Now I have costochondritis, which is the irritation of the cartilage where the ribs connect to the sternum. I'm telling you - I am a piece of work! I feel pretty good today, though. This is the least pain I've been in all week. WOOHOOO!

I went to Chick-fil-A tonight because I was craving a milkshake. I didn't really realize it was Cow Appreciation Day until I got there. There were several patrons dressed in cow costumes to receive a free meal. I hope those cow costumes were from something else because there's no way I'd buy a $30 cow costume to get a $5 meal. Anyways, when I was walking out with my milkshake, nuggets, and buffalo sauce, I saw another strange occurrence. There was a guy in a motorized wheelchair in the drive-through. I mean, literally between two cars as if he were a car. He had on a white undershirt with spots drawn on it as his attempted cow costume. I don't say any of this to criticize; I am just still confused.

Anything else interesting happen this week? Umm, oh yeah. I won an award at work called the Spirit of Swoop Award. It is a quarterly award given to someone who is 'contributing' within the workplace and outside. I was recognized for my revamping of our email communications as well as the SUCCESS I had fundraising for the CF walk. It was a pleasant surprise and a good beginning to the week (Tuesday).

Otherwise my week was pretty low-key, but good!

No comments:

Post a Comment