Sunday, November 14, 2010

In over my head

Holy headache. I really don't mean to be a complainer, but something is truly wrong with my head. I don't think it's okay that I've had a headache since October 12. The pain gets better and worse throughout the day, but there's never been a time that I thought my headache was gone. It's pretty unfortunate that I don't go to the neurologist until next Monday (the earliest appointment I could get) because I'm starting to think there might be a real problem. Tomorrow I'm going to try to negotiate my way into something sooner because these tingles and warm sensations in my head don't seem like they could signify anything good.

Well, I've been working on my book and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Creative endeavors are hard, especially when you get so close to the work that it's impossible to view it objectively. I'm trying not to let myself read too much of it until I get to a place where I'd be comfortable handing it off. I know from previous experience that I tend to be very hard on myself when it comes to stuff like this, so I'm trying to put that off as long as possible to keep from getting discouraged.

I've had a great couple of days, though. I've noticed that my headache seems to worsen as the day goes on, so I've tried to make the most of the days, knowing that the night might get rough.

Side note: I love the song "Nothing Lasts Forever" by Maroon 5. I just listened to it twice.

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving! That is so crazy! That reminds me that I am thankful for meeting new people, getting a good night's sleep, and having access to health care.

Well, I think it's about time to take a nap. The light is bothering me more than usual today. I sound like a vampire. I've never jumped on the vampire bandwagon, but I'm pretty sure they don't like light. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment