Sunday, November 7, 2010

+1 Hour

So, I'm going to make a conscious effort to blog regularly this week. I actually enjoy doing it, so I hate that I've been slacking, but I've just had a lot going on - in my head more than anything.

Today we got an extra hour of sleep, which was awesome. I didn't sleep an extra hour, but I like that I got up at a decent hour for the first time in a while. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to get an extra hour built into every day. I'm sure it would eventually become the norm and I'd fill it without even thinking, but it sounds so appealing. It's kind of like the way I feel like I have gained all this time when a meeting at work gets canceled. Anyway, because of the time change, I'm feeling sleepy especially early tonight, which I also consider a positive.

Even though I'm not supposed to be reading while I'm engulfed in my book-writing shenanigans, I have been periodically reading portions of a book about being grateful. It got me thinking a lot about gratitude, so I want to mention a few things that make me feel grateful today:
-Having heat as it starts to get cold
-Good food
-Laughing at random things
-My family

I saw a musical on Friday night at Emory (with ES). It was called "Pippin: His Life and Times." Someone I know from the theatre, Robby, played the role of Pippin. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was completely blown away by the musical. It hit home for several different reasons, and I'm really, really glad I went. Hooray for Pippin! I am grateful for Pippin!

Well, I'm going to spend some time on my book before I get too tired to be productive. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment