Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wiffle ball

Hello!

Well, today started out a bit differently than usual. I did sleep in until about 10:00 a.m. Anyway, shortly after I woke up, my friend (PM) from a previous workplace texted me to ask if I could play on his wiffle ball team. They were short some girls and he knew that I lived nearby the field -- and he and I were on the same kickball team once, so he knows I like sports. It sounded intriguing, so I threw on some clothes and made it to the field shortly after the game started.

My first at-bat was a total embarrassment, but I felt pretty solid after that. The first time I hit the ball and started to run, I immediately felt pain in my left hip flexor ... primarily because I didn't stretch, didn't warm-up, and haven't sprinted in quite some time. Then, the second time, I got on base and had major pain in my right hip flexor -- like thought-I-was-gonna-have-to-leave-the-game bad. I ended up scoring that inning and, thankfully, it was the end of the game. I have been in pain ever since, but only on the right side. It mainly hurts when I walk and when I lift my leg for any reason, such as going up the stairs, repositioning myself on the bed/couch. I honestly think that a wiffle ball injury is more humiliating than my infamous cornhole injury. We'll see how it feels in the morning. Oh, it also hurts when I laugh or cough. LAUGH 'TIL YOU COUGH! Needless to say, the wiffle ball incident impeded my exercise goal, but at least I did something active.

The rest of the day has been pretty relaxing. I came home, worked on some mass emails, then watched some college football with my roommate. My friend (JM) and I went out to eat at MiMi's Cafe, and I got meatballs and ravioli. It was good!

Tomorrow is a big day for me! Not only is it my last day before the hospitalization, but I am going to my parents' house for a cookout and then the BRAVES GAME! I am really, really looking forward to it all, which is why I'm getting an early night's sleep.

I've got my Braves pajama shirt on. GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment